After sleeping for 11 hours on Sunday night, taking an hour and a half nap on Monday, sleeping for 9 hours on Monday night, and another hour and a half nap this afternoon, I am FINALLY starting to see recovery on the horizon. Exams wiped me out.
Too crazed to post regularly, I decided to keep tabs on a handful of stupid things that happened during exam week.
1. I smashed into a parked car and broke the back passenger window. Yes, the car was parked illegally, but it was my fault. I was probably thinking about the clotting cascade instead of looking behind me.
2. I put my pen into my cup of tea. And noticed it there about a minute afterward. Not really sure how or why that happened.
3. One morning, when I got to the front of the line at Dunkin Donuts, the first words out of my mouth were, “Thank you!!” Uhhh, I mean, can I have a medium black coffee please?
4. On a different day, after paying the man at a different coffee shop, I said, “Thank you! Have a nice stay!” What?
5. Overhead a conversation in the library, Guy: Are you really not hungry? Girl: Well, I guess I could eat. Guy: Oh man, I’m ravishing! (Ravenous + famished = ravishing?)
6. When reviewing genetic diseases there was incessant giggling (by everyone) over macroorchidism. (Large Balls). In Fragile X this comes along with large ears and mental retardation. The topic would then inevitably turn to Michael Phelps. (Sorry Michael, we really do love you).
7. I tried to turn the page of my text book with the computer mouse. On more than one occasion. It’s been a long week.